Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Story of Heart and Dagger

The man thought he had loved the girl with all his heart. He expected her to love him with all her heart, as he did. He wanted to have her heart, holding it and disclose in his chest. Finally, a dagger became his choice, a dagger which tore her chest, for keeping her heart in his chest. However, he did not know that death had claimed his heart.
Nando, that's how people call him, a simple man who had good looking and good attitude at his behavior. Indeed he was not from the rich family, everybody liked him. He just had his heart which would be given to people who need his love and a dagger. This dagger always helped him to work and get the money, to provide for his daily life. But unfortunately, Nando seems he had fallen in love with the wrong girl, or he was wrong to love a girl.
The girl’s appearance had lured Nando's heart. A beautiful girl with sweet smile and proportional body made him fell in love with her. Nando met Rasmi about a month ago. It made Nando become more enthusiastic in his life that was still quite long. Nando deservedly got married, because he had reached 26 years old. But alas, his heart could be not captivated of a girl yet. On the other hand, he also realized how his life circumstances. He was not as same as other men, who could drive a car or ride stylish motorcycle and fashionable. He was just a simple man who wanted to be his ownself.
"Are you from heaven? You are so beautiful. May I know your name? ", this sentence came out as the start of his introduction with Rasmi. "You are kidding, I'm just a girl from the next village. Well, my name Rasmini. You can call me Rasmi, what about you? ", the girl held out her hand as she smiled. "I am Nando", he just froze did not say anymore. An unexpected response came from a 22-year-old girl. Rasmi wanted to talk with him. Rasmi was a girl from a neighbor village. She was so gracious and she could charm anyone seeing her. One thing, Rasmi was a daughter from a high-level family. She had so many obsessions with her own high-ego, but she was very friendly to everyone.
Through that introduction, Nando frequently visited his neighboring village, for sellinghis products, being a carpenter, and doing various jobs. His dagger always accompanied him whenever and wherever he was. The relationship between Rasmi and Nando was not just a friend. It could be said is more intimate than a friendship. However, there were to many differences between them. Maybe it could be said the relationship between ‘the cassava-man’ and ‘the cheese-girl’. But, all of these had no meaning anymore for Nando. He did not care what he had been heard. He only had a purpose to get Rasmi’s heart and love. It cause he became harder to work. It just showed that he is capable to reach his dream. He wanted to prove that he was not a loser. His obsession never appropriate with the circumstances.
He didn’t care how much money he had put out, how much dedication he did, how much work he had done just to prove his ability and his obsession. But is it enough for a girl like Rasmi who filled with many the crazy desire? Even Nando knew if he should lose and sacrifice too many things. That's to show how he does love her.
Nando wore a shirt with a tie in his neck. Black pants with a pair of new-black shoes looked very harmonious. Everything had been prepared, a red rose was clutched in his hand. Nando didn’t forget to bring his dagger and tucked it in his back, under his white shirt. Nando think it was the right day to tell his love for a girl, like what was on the calendar said. Nando came to the Rasmi’s house. He planed to invite Rasmi to have dinner with him as a reason for him to reveal his heart and his feeling. Fortunately, Rasmi did not reject it. She dressed-up as soon as possible. There was no harm as she got a free-dinner invitation. Rasmi looked so pretty wearing a gown given by Nando few weeks ago.
They went to a Restaurant in the city. Although Nando only rode an old-motorcycle, Rasmi looked so enthusiastic. Suddenly, Nando stopped his motorcycle near with the cemetery. A sentence that came from his lips, " I want your heart, your sincere love of yours!". It was been so long Nand stood and looked at Rasmi. "I had been done many things for you, as a sign of my love. Would you want be my girlfriend? ", Nando continued. Hearing this sentence, Rasmi just stared, then she replied. "No! I never loved you at all! What can you give to me? Do you want to give me just a love? Or you want to give me your rusted dagger, the only one of your treasure? ". That's the words pierced ears Nando and hurt his heart. How a girl who he loved could said it. Is it possible if Rasmi give her love for Nando, or she wanted to get everything of Nando’s? And in fact she never loved him as like as he loved her.
Suddenly, Nando took his dagger from his back, behind his shirt. Rasmi was very surprised and tried to run. But as soon as possible, Nando hold her hand. "What would you do Nando? Do not be crazy, Nando!", shouted Rasmi.
"My heart and my love, I give you with sincerity, wishing you love and have it. And this dagger is only a tool for me to prove how much I love you. I bring this dagger is not to hurt you, or kill you. I want to use it to protect you if someone intends evil against you "
"Rasmi,. Please, accept my heart and my dagger that I brought, because this is the only treasure I had. I just want you will be mine and I can love you with my heart. I hope you also do the same. I want your heart will be mine. I want to keep it in my chest and my heart is just for you store in your chest. " Nando said gently to Rasmi. "No! I never loved you Nando, you are nothing. Who are you? What thing you do you have to love me? ", Rasmi began feel fear in front of Nando. Nando answered her calmly, "Well Rasmi if it's your choice. I know that I'm not going to buy your heart with gold and diamond, because I can’t. But I will try to take it by my own. I will prove that I can have your heart now. "
"Please, if you can take and have my heart." Unnoticed by Risma, she was wrong about those words. She thought that it was impossible if Nando could have and get her heart, because she had never loved Nando. However, it was contrast in Nando’s thought. Nando wanted to have the real heart of Rasmi. Nando had moved the dagger into the right hand, preparing to put it into his back.
Nando thought that he had loved Rasmi with all his heart. And he expected Rasmi love him with all her heart also, as he did. He wanted to have her heart, holding it and disclose in the recesses of his chest. Finally, a dagger became his choice, a dagger that ripped Rasmi’s chest to get Rasmi’s heart and save it on Nando’s chest. The red rose was given to Rasmi. The red rose as read as the blood which flew from Rasmi’s chest. However, Nando was wrong because the death grabbed his heart before he put Rasmi’s heart in his chest. No chest could save Rasmi’s heart. No one had it, it just lying on the ground. But, Nando’s heart was ready to jump from his chest which had been torn by his own dagger.

19 comments:

  1. It's good. I don't know what is the reason of heart and dagger. but, after reading this story, I know there is a mistakes of 'heart' meaning by Nando. . Good and Interesting Story..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is good...
    Love needs money, and money can give you love..
    That's the lesson which I can get from your story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your story is nice...
    i agree with yeni.Nowadays, love is not only about our feeling but sometimes love can be made by money...

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree with yeni and ari, love is not enough now. but we also can not ignore love.
    money may be able to give everything, but money is not the only source of happiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. like yeni's comment.. from your story i know that, love needs money..

    money is not everything, but
    everything needs money

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with what edi said. everything needs money, honey. but, it can't buy love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...for me the ending is tragic...hee
    both of them were dead because of heart and dagger and also money.
    Good job...
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually the way you shared the story is good at all.....but i think that there are too much the word "hearth" that i could find in your story....it's better if you place another word as along it is appropriate to the essence of the story....but i like it .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. now i can understand why the girl couldn't accept the boy's love..she just thought about material..what a bad girl..ilove your story, indah! it's nice..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well. Maybe money is not everything. But everything need money right?
    The girl just thought about money. Nice posting indah.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your story is very good :). dramatic. especially at the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hhmm…. Good dictions and I think this is a good story. But really confuse to read this story, because this story hard to read. My ability in English is not too good, so I little bit hard to get the meaning of your story. May be I should read this story again and again to get the point.. :D But I’m sure, your story is good. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. your story is very good.....
    you have a great ability in using diction in that story,,
    your vocabulary is very extraordinary i think ,,,
    but,,,i'm rather confuse reading your story for the first time,,,
    good luck
    keep practice

    ReplyDelete
  16. very tragic story. Ends with the death. Indeed we should not be stubborn. If someone does not love us, we must accept whatever her or his decision, even though it's hard for us. Nice story.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have already sent in Indonesian version. You can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is very nice
    but you tell it by various way
    different with others friend
    good luck

    by : gung diah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your story has frightened me; it is such horror story. But I love it, you make a perfect story, with a sense of poetical I think. Firstly I don’t understand what you mean with dagger, but then, if I am not misunderstanding the story, I understand and I suspect that Nando was a psychopath. How can he killed a girl he loved, it was certainly not a love as I call it as obsession and possessive. I hope that I will never meet such character like Nando. Your story is marvellous. :D

    ReplyDelete